Friday, July 16, 2010

Why this blog?

Lately, I was appointed a listening ear to a long travel story of one of my friends, about how her honey moon turned into a disaster, leaving everyone involved permanently frustrated and with a negative impact on their willingness to travel abroad (again) in the next future. Somewhere between the crappy buffet food and the lazy hotel personnel, I asked myself a question: Why are there so many unhappy travelers around? Is it really missing luck or bad service, every time!?

Me and my husband travel quite a lot to many different destinations, and journey types as well. We are good to go on a sailing trip, a cultural excursion, or a mountain bike tour. We have stayed in self-service ski chalets, best luxury hotels, campings, all-inclusive resorts, cottages, tents, very old sailing yachts and many more. Of course, sometimes there have been terrible surprises, suspicious food, and people, but we have always traveled happily anyway.

To reveal the mystery of happy traveling, I invite you to discuss with me its principles. What are the small rules that can save families from divorce (indeed 50% of separations take place after a common travel trip), rescue the value for money, give meaning to the CO2 wastage, and simply turn us into happy travelers?

No comments:

Post a Comment